With Perth’s ever-increasing population, new housing developments, a tough economy and an ongoing drug epidemic, burglaries and home invasions are unfortunately a very real part of our everyday lives.
The security of your home and safety of your family should be a priority!
Statistically, the vast majority of thieves will break into your home through doors or windows, so this is where you should tighten security. You could begin with the front windows of your home to deter burglars looking for an easy target or prioritize the bedrooms against the possibility of a night time home invasion.
OzShut Roller Shutters boast numerous features that easily make them the best form of window security on the market.
- OzShut Roller Shutters are made from a very strong, high quality, Marine Grade Aluminium that is virtually impossible to break through.
- An automatic locking mechanism inside the top pelmet box activates when the Roller Shutter is in the fully closed position. This means it can not be lifted to gain access to the window.
Bottom Security Bar
- On the bottom of the Roller Shutter curtain is a strong security bar. This solid piece of extruded aluminium prevents the ability to pull the Roller Shutter away from the window and out of its tracks.
Heavy Duty side rail
- As an optional extra, OzShut now offers an exclusive ‘Heavy Duty’ side rail for improved security. It is thicker and stronger than all standard Roller Shutters on the market.
- Roller Shutters on the front windows of your home will help deter a would-be burglar. Normally, a thief doesn’t want to hang around longer than necessary, so if it takes a long time to break into your home they’re likely to give up and look for an easier target elsewhere.
- Roller Shutters are the only form of security that cover the entire window completely preventing access to it while also having the flexibility to then be opened to any level for the desired light and ventilation.
- You can be assured that OzShut Roller Shutters are made from only the best quality materials and assembled then installed with the highest quality of workmanship. The Marine Grade aluminium of OzShut’s Roller Shutters is produced in Europe. It is then imported and manufactured by Croci Australia, the leading Roller Shutter profile manufacturer in the Australian and Asian Pacific Region.
Perth has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and clear blue skies for 70% of the year. With extended periods of heat and sunshine, air conditioners and insulation are an essential for most Perth homes.
The majority of heat transfer into or out of your home happens through the glass of your windows. Especially those that face directly into the morning or afternoon sun!
The slats of the OzShut Roller Shutter are injected with high density Polyurethane, the same insulating material used in refrigerators & freezers. This allows the Roller Shutter to reduce the transfer of heat through your windows by up to 90%!! With less heat entering the home your air conditioner will not need to operate as long or as often, saving you 30-40% on the running costs.
Similarly, during winter, Roller Shutters will prevent heat escaping the home through your windows and improve the efficiency of your homes heating.
All of this also has added benefits to the environment with the reduction of your household’s carbon emissions from the use of the air conditioner and the burning of fuels/gasses.
OzShut Roller Shutters can be stopped at any level to give you complete control over the amount of light that enters through the window. The Roller Shutters can block out up to 100% of light when closed (depending on the type of fitting used for a particular home) and also feature perforation holes between the slats that can allow for some filtered light.
The diversity of the Roller Shutter makes it popular for bedroom windows, whether for a shift worker that needs to sleep during the day, babies & young children that need to nap or those that get woken early by the bright morning sun. They are also popular in theatre or TV rooms to remove the sun’s glare and those where the direct sunlight damages or fades furniture and carpet.
The insulating material Polyurethane, which is injected into each Roller Shutter slat, works to reduce the amount of outside noise heard within the home.
Whether you live on a busy road, are bothered by neighbourhood sounds or barking dogs, OzShut Roller Shutters can reduce the noise by up to 50%.
As well as keeping out the harsh sun, OzShut Roller Shutters will provide protection during storms when exposed windows take the full force of the rain, hail and especially wind. Many coastal homes where Perth winds can be the strongest have OzShut Roller Shutters installed. The Marine Grade aluminium will not rust from the salty air.
Roller Shutters are also approved to protect windows from the heat of a bush fire.
The CSIRO Appraisals Technical Assessment 329, states the aluminium rollershutters are suitable for the protection of windows from radiant heat from bushfires and satisfy:
- Clause GP5.1 (volume 1-class 2 to 9 buildings) and Clause P2.3.4 (volume 2-class 1 & 10 buildings the Australian Building Code of Australia 2005.
- Satisfies the requirement of level 2 construction for protecting window openings from radiant heat in a high category bushfire as defined in AS 3959 – 1999 Construction of Buildings in Bushfire – Prone Areas.
Ventilation & Privacy
OzShut Roller Shutters are designed with large perforation holes between the slats. These can be opened to allow for ventilation of air through the window while still providing protection from the sun. This is especially useful for evaporative air-conditioners which require an open window to be most effective.
For those living on a busy road, near public places or close to neighbours the perforation holes will let some air and light in but still give complete privacy. Even at night, it is not possible to see through the Roller Shutter.
It is important to note that the Roller Shutter cannot be locked automatically if the perforation holes are OPEN or partly ventilated!
Increased Home Value
As one of the most popular home improvement products on the market today, Roller Shutters will add value to the home at sale and add features that make your home more desirable.
With a large range of colours to choose from, OzShut Roller Shutters will compliment and enhance the look of any style home. Browse our photo gallery for examples and colour design ideas.